Predict The Conduit Ratings

Go down

Predict The Conduit Ratings

Post by SilverBlade on Wed May 13, 2009 10:24 pm

I saw a similar topic in IGN forums and decided to make one here. What do you think The Conduit's rating will be when it comes out? You can mention ratings for specific gaming sites, like IGN, GameSpot, Gametrailers, etc. or predict a general score.

In general, I think it'll get something above 9.0.
SilverBlade

View user profile http://s7.zetaboards.com/Stickman_Legacy

Back to top Go down

Re: Predict The Conduit Ratings

Post by Mark_Chaos on Thu May 14, 2009 6:33 pm

9.2?
Mark_Chaos

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando on Sat May 16, 2009 8:00 am

I suspect it will get a 9.5 from IGN. A lot of the big titles have earned this rating, including Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and World of Goo. It's an impressive score that acknowledges that even the greatest games can have minor flaws and things we don't like.
nightlifecommando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Tue May 19, 2009 5:45 pm

It depends on the perspective they take, in actuality.
It could receive many ratings.. In all honesty, I believe it could probably get a full 10.. but then again, it depends on perspective. Let me elaborate:

- It could possibly get an 8.5-9.0 if they compare it to FPS on other consoles, saying it lacks split screen and crappy online and whatever. They'll say the hype is disappointing since it wasn't as good as PS3 graphics.
- it could possibly get a 9.0-9.5 if they compare it to FPS on the wii since most of the good FPS on wii are ports. They will say it's done an amazing job for a wii game, but it lacks some minor things like split screen.
- it could possibly get a 9.6-10.0 if the base the game on it's self, and not compare it to other games. They'll say things like "HVS worked on The Conduit extremely hard and the even developed a whole new engine from the ground up for the Wii. It almost rivals a 360 FPS! Sure there's no split screen, but this is the first installment, and they had to be busy with the graphics and tweaking the online."

So I must summarize once again: It's all in perspective.
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando on Tue May 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Secret Agent, I'll give your post a perfect ten for telling it like it is. Cool

There are some publications, like IGN, that I trust will rate The Conduit on its own merits. Matt Casamassina or Mark Bozon will likely write the review, and they both know the limitations of the Wii, and will probably celebrate the strides it is making with the technology. It might not be fair to compare a Wii game to a 360 game, but this might be the first time they are compared the other way around!

It's too bad that some people will make direct comparisons to the PS3 and 360, especially where graphics are concerned. With the exception of split screen and friend codes, this is probably the only area that The Conduit truly lags behind the other consoles. Gameplay, multiplayer, and overall presentation are likely going to be at least equal to most offerings on other systems.
nightlifecommando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Yep. They musn't also forget the fact that this is a third-party developer, and High Voltage Software at that, the ones who are known for their.. lacking games. The Conduit is a monument and a milestone itself. They pushed the boundaries for the Wii, breaking everyone's stereo-typical view on the white box, and became the first of lots of things. First third-party to make an amazing game, first to develop an engine that makes the graphics very nice, and most importantly, first to choose this project for the Wii, while they could have easily swayed away to a (no offense big N) higher-quality system. It's true what they say.. Big things come in small packages.
Even if they DO compare it to other games, there's always the fact that they have to give some credit to HVS for completing such a bold move and making the Wii look stellar for once. Now, when the kids at school say "I have a ps360!" you can say "I HAVE A WII AND -flashes Conduit-. gg n00b!"
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Secret Agent wrote:It depends on the perspective they take, in actuality.
It could receive many ratings.. In all honesty, I believe it could probably get a full 10.. but then again, it depends on perspective. Let me elaborate:

- It could possibly get an 8.5-9.0 if they compare it to FPS on other consoles, saying it lacks split screen and crappy online and whatever. They'll say the hype is disappointing since it wasn't as good as PS3 graphics.
- it could possibly get a 9.0-9.5 if they compare it to FPS on the wii since most of the good FPS on wii are ports. They will say it's done an amazing job for a wii game, but it lacks some minor things like split screen.
- it could possibly get a 9.6-10.0 if the base the game on it's self, and not compare it to other games. They'll say things like "HVS worked on The Conduit extremely hard and the even developed a whole new engine from the ground up for the Wii. It almost rivals a 360 FPS! Sure there's no split screen, but this is the first installment, and they had to be busy with the graphics and tweaking the online."

So I must summarize once again: It's all in perspective.
I highly doubt anyone will compare its graphics to those on the PS3. They usually compare it to other games on its console. Stop complaining about the lack of split-screen, lol. Sorry, I just don't mind having no split-screen. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Fri May 22, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm mentioning split screen constantly, because that's a really common and wanted feature in FPS's. It's only natural that they may take notice of the no split screen, and not just me >_>'
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Fri May 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, I've heard very few people complain about it.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Fri May 22, 2009 8:35 pm

what's there to complain about >_>
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content