Re: I emailed MY wants in TCon2

Post by AxelDemon on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:23 pm

oh. i've never done it anyway.
AxelDemon

View user profile https://www.youtube.com./AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherak on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:26 pm

oh ya for vehiclies for driving i want it like mario kart type ^_^ be so pimp like that
Cherak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:55 pm

Cherak wrote:oh ya for vehiclies for driving i want it like mario kart type ^_^ be so pimp like that

i'll add vehicles to the llist, but i wont say mario kart style.unless you mean like in double dash how two people can ride. i'd want hovering motorcycles. like the ones from tron..

http://www.sportbikez.net/bikepics/110/medium/1103301504.jpg
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 pm

EW That's ugly.
There should be vehicles accorded to their groups.

Trust vehicles can hover/fly and shoot plasma crap (like usual),
The normal vehicles are normal and shoot bullets (like usual),
and the Drudge vehicles won't be vehicles, but more like tamed alien animals... (as usual...)

I think they should add water into the game and water related-things. Well, more nature in total. All I saw in Conduit was concrete, metal, guns, and corpses. Let's have more open levels and less narrow hallways please. The tight turns and spooky corners were fun... but it won't stay fun.

I'd love to see some kind of boat vehicle, which will be a first.

More suspenseful situations, also. The only one I got spooked of was the one where you (somewhat) rescue the president and it's you're first encounter with a scarab. It kind of just charges at the door... scary stuff. I remember this one time in Halo, you walk in to a room with two brutes(?) and you're kind of just running away because you got freaked by them, and you just run to the other room (and they follow you... sigh.)

I know this is a given (more weapons), but I'd love to see different variations of weapons. Not just guns and close combats (hopefully in TC2), but possibly a mix of both, or none. Maybe we could plant some kind of bomb?

Also, it'd be pretty generous if they could match other FPSs by adding more than just grenades, and side-effects like invisibility or shields, etc.

On a side note, more destructible environments... When I Send all of my SMAW ammo at a wall, I don't want to see a crusty blackened mark slowly fade away to reveal the fact that the wall is perfectly fine. You don't have to collapse the whole building, but a small permanent dent would be nice..
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:15 pm

yes, that would be very nice. i like the tron cycles......
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Secret Agent wrote:EW That's ugly.

and the Drudge vehicles won't be vehicles, but more like tamed alien animals... (as usual...)

I think they should add water into the game and water related-things. Well, more nature in total. All I saw in Conduit was concrete, metal, guns, and corpses. Let's have more open levels and less narrow hallways please. The tight turns and spooky corners were fun... but it won't stay fun.
Lol, I can imagine all The Conduit caracters in Mario Kart....in cute little cars. No, no Mario kart vehicles, please.

Yeah, open levels sound nice, and water elements would own. How about...underwater levels? Ford could be in a diver's suit, or some special suit designed for underwater combat.

Maybe there won't be any Drudge vehicles, because there might not be any Drudge left.

Oh, and the campaign levels shouldn't be so linear.
SilverBlade

View user profile http://s7.zetaboards.com/Stickman_Legacy

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:33 pm

SilverBlade wrote:
Secret Agent wrote:EW That's ugly.

Lol, I can imagine all The Conduit caracters in Mario Kart....in cute little cars. No, no Mario kart vehicles, please.

Yeah, open levels sound nice, and water elements would own. How about...underwater levels? Ford could be in a diver's suit, or some special suit designed for underwater combat.

Maybe there won't be any Drudge vehicles, because there might not be any Drudge left.

Oh, and the campaign levels shouldn't be so linear.

Have you finished the campaign? There are plenty of drudge left. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but there are WAY more drudge left.
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:53 pm

He means by TC2, when the war presumable ends (which I highly doubt). But maybe they won't be violent like other drudge. Let's assume this was the story:

From the planet Eris, a meteor was sent to Earth. It crashed down to earth and brought along a whole new army of Drudge members (including stronger ones than Scarabs). These new members are more civilized and use their animals to travel in combat, as opposed to warping to a position via a Conduit and walking on from that point. Now, once you kill the Drudge who ride those animals, they'll be free for use. They don't pose any threat to humanity, so Ford decides to keep it since they do seem pretty helpful, with their unique drudge capabilities.

There. That way, there will be drudge left, and if the animals survive, they won't have any reason to be killed since their more helpful than they are harmful.

I agree with everything you said. Perhaps the Trust suit has more undiscovered capabilities and can be used underwater (where underwater Drudge are found?) Or, to spare all the contradictions with weapons and physics, maybe you could be in a submarine at least, with an underwater scenery, and one of the missions involve infiltrating this submarine (possibly the first one of TC2. The conduit leads to a submarine where Adams is located.

The missions are very linear... very. The maps aren't even that big. All you do is just go down the hallway, shoot, unlock that organic lock, shoot, walk, get trapped in some ambush, shoot, complete. It would be nice if you could take more than one route, or have a list of things to do and not do them all in order..
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:28 pm

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Axeldemon wrote:Have you finished the campaign? There are plenty of drudge left. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but there are WAY more drudge left.
Ford basically destroyed all of them, even the genetic blueprint (Prometheus). Adams could still have some hidden, though, or they could be created in Nibiru. There are WAY more left? Which Drudge are you referring to?

Secret Agent wrote:He means by TC2, when the war presumable ends (which I highly doubt). But maybe they won't be violent like other drudge. Let's assume this was the story:

From the planet Eris, a meteor was sent to Earth. It crashed down to earth and brought along a whole new army of Drudge members (including stronger ones than Scarabs). These new members are more civilized and use their animals to travel in combat, as opposed to warping to a position via a Conduit and walking on from that point. Now, once you kill the Drudge who ride those animals, they'll be free for use. They don't pose any threat to humanity, so Ford decides to keep it since they do seem pretty helpful, with their unique drudge capabilities.

There. That way, there will be drudge left, and if the animals survive, they won't have any reason to be killed since their more helpful than they are harmful.
Actually, I said that there might not be any Drudge left, because I assumed the Drudge were created on Earth, by Adams.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:31 pm

no. the nding has a conversation between the drudge leader and adams. they are talking about a war.
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:13 pm

*Sigh* I guess you didn't read my "I want to make something clear" topic in The Drudge section. Here's what I wrote:

A lot of people seem to think the alien talking to Adams/Enlil at the credits, Prometheus, Adams himself and the rest of their unknown species are Drudge aliens. They ARE NOT Drudge. Prometheus said that the origin of the Drudge was himself. He is an unknown alien species whose genes were used to create the Drudge. Besides, their species is most likely Anunnaki, because they create other life forms and use them as slaves. There is a hidden message in The Conduit that says: "The Ducaz came before the Drudge". The Ducaz are a reptilian species created by the Anunnaki and are their servants. If they came before the Drudge, it must mean that the Ducaz were their servants and creations prior to the Drudge.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am

Drudges are not alians they are like bio-clone andriods of prometheous. Anyway I LOVE the idea of drudge vehicles being animals! FUCKING AMAZING! Cookie for secret agent!
TheTopGun

View user profile http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Oops sorry, that's what I meant. Annunaki* from the planet Eris.

Also, you never know. They could have made a complete copy of Prometheus just in case this were to happen (which they probably predicted), so it'd make sense for the Drudge species to have a reason to continue; Prometheus2 is used for the blue prints, I guess.
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:14 pm

bla bla bla.they are still the same species as prometheus. may not be called "Drude" but still drudge
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:34 pm

The Drudge are technically not the same species as Prometheus. They are genetically modified clones of him.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:35 pm

SilverBlade wrote:The Drudge are technically not the same species as Prometheus. They are genetically modified clones of him.

They still have a very similar genetic code.

and to get back on topic: http://www.gamebrit.com/article/1370/Features/21-Things-The-Conduit-Could-Learn-From-N64-Shooters/
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherak on Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm

actually they got spartan's 117 DNA and that how they made the drudge Very Happy
Cherak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Cherak wrote:actually they got spartan's 117 DNA and that how they made the drudge Very Happy

Who da **** is spartan 117? This aint halo
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Cherak wrote:actually they got spartan's 117 DNA and that how they made the drudge Very Happy

Who da **** is spartan 117? This aint halo
Spartan-117 is Master Chief from the Halo series. Very Happy
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 pm

I know. Which is why i said it wasnt halo. i love halo. i wannna play it now. ><
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:49 pm

I agree with most of the things on that list.

I think the suit should have a metroid style upgrade instead of Prometheus handing you all the functions. He can't now, since he's in the ASE. I'd love searching through little nooks and crannies for upgrades to pass through hidden areas on a level. The little ASE Puzzles were neat, but I want something a bit more; an alternate route you can take which will hand you a new objective.

This one seems a bit unnecessary, but I think it'd be pretty neat if some parts of the missions became on-rail. Such as, you're going through a scary corner searching for a deadly Anunnaki (or one last vile Drudge creation), you turn the halls and see nothing. All of a sudden, the beast breaks through the walls behind you, and the movement is now locked and you're just running backwards while all you have to do is aim and shoot the damned thing. That'd be pretty epic. To add more tension, the place you're in is about to fall apart, and it has a time limit. Kill the thing before you escape the building (or at least hurt it enough so it stays put).

Another thing I like (which GREATLY adds to the story) are NPCs. I love when you're in a new mission and you're kind of just searching around, talking to people for some information, as opposed to immediately jumping into the action over and over again. Instead of the stupid radios which just conveniently happen to be placed all over the country, you could talk to people. May some of the NPCs could help you out, even if the AI is ridiculously stupid. I'd prefer someone who shoots at the wall beside me as opposed to no one, especially in really tense or difficult situations (such as the last level where you had to destroy 8 scarabs in 2 freaking impossible minutes)

Air action. Starfox Assault was one of my favourite games because you could explore the wide land (Corneria) and you could also soar through the skies, gunning down enemies. Intertwines with air vehicles.

More like a personal taste, but I'd say you should have some sort of visual for Prometheus. They kind of took the Cortana road at the end by trapping a person inside a machine, so could we please have a visual of them while speaking? Just hearing their voice kind of gets old.

MORE ASE ACTION!! Some say the ASE was underused. I don't follow that path. But they emphasized it so much, it seems like it has gone to waste. Maybe we can have some missions where we have to retrieve the ASE from John Adams and you're without Prometheus' help (which is a perfect time for one of your army members to meet you and join up with you in battle) or something. I want the ASE to have more functions other than just unlocking stuff and playing little puzzle games. Remember the end cutscene where Michael knuckled a drudge in the face with the ASE? I'd love seeing that every time I melee'd. Maybe in can double as a special flashlight in dark levels, or maybe the ASE can be upgraded like the suit and act as binoculars? Either way, I want it to be more used!

Run function. Please. If you're making bigger levels, a run function is necessary.

More grenades. At least 1-2 per side (Trust, Drudge, Human). Somehow, the Flash Grenade is with the Trust which makes no sense to me since it's mainly human, so I'd love to see a Plasma grenade. I believe halo has that name, but the trust weaponry is mainly of plasma material.. so at least get some kind of plasma-related grenade. Maybe an immobilizer grenade that paralyzes the person it's thrown at and temporarily stuns the people who walk near it, followed up by an electric shock? That could lead to some nice epic scenes.
Secret Agent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Secret Agent wrote:I think the suit should have a metroid style upgrade instead of Prometheus handing you all the functions. He can't now, since he's in the ASE.
What do you mean by "handing you the functions"? Prometheus was always talking through the ASE, remember? He never left the Trust base. Are you trying to say that when he was at the Trust base, he secretly retreived information on the suit?

Secret Agent wrote:This one seems a bit unnecessary, but I think it'd be pretty neat if some parts of the missions became on-rail. Such as, you're going through a scary corner searching for a deadly Anunnaki (or one last vile Drudge creation), you turn the halls and see nothing. All of a sudden, the beast breaks through the walls behind you, and the movement is now locked and you're just running backwards while all you have to do is aim and shoot the damned thing. That'd be pretty epic. To add more tension, the place you're in is about to fall apart, and it has a time limit. Kill the thing before you escape the building (or at least hurt it enough so it stays put).
I agree with everything you said, except for this part. I would hate for The Conduit sequel to be on-rails, or have on-rail moments.
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:59 pm

I think on rails would be interesting for 1 boss fight, but it would be more difficult if you had to run yourselve!
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum