MoH:H2 Wii Review

Go down

MoH:H2 Wii Review

Post by Red on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 am

Originally posted: 12/16/2008 - 23:32 at http://www.nsfcd.com/home/node/11

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, commonly abbreviated MoH:H2, is a WWII first person shooter for the Wii and PSP, although this review will mainly focus on the Wii version. It is one of the best Wii games to date. Many aspects make this game amazing, but there are also several drawbacks.

The story, or campaign mode, in this game is very short and unappealing. The first few levels are basically a tutorial for the rest of the game. The story itself is very bland, and vague. You play as a soldier in WWII, and traverse the country of France. There is very little back story, and the only incentive to complete each level is a quick debriefing before each level. Although informative, they usually just say to go from point A to point B. The level designs are very different, ranging from a sewer to a bombed city, but each objective is so similar, you'll often find yourself not noticing that much of a difference.

The gameplay is very nicely done. The controls are a perfect blend of the Wii's motion sensitivity, and classic control. Although motion sensitivity is a gimmick in most games, it works very well here. Lots of small, but key elements add to the overall gameplay. One of these are the diversity, and number of weapons. Although out shined by some other games, the weapons in this game are pretty good. You have sniping rifles, bazookas, shotguns, handguns, grenades, etc. There are some frame rate problems that make it more difficult, but they happen very rarely.

All of this would ad up to a mediocre game, if it hadn't been for the multiplayer. Sadly, there is no split-screen multiplayer. However, the online multiplayer is amazing. Granted, there is limited communication between players, just saying “Good game” “Do you want to play” and the like. However, a near perfect lobby system, almost no lag, a good ranking system and 400 people online at any given time adds up to a great online experience. Fully customizable games let you chose which weapons you can use, and which you cannot. There are three main ways to play online: Death match, a classic fight to the death; team death match, which is just what the title suggests; and infiltration, which is basically capture the flag.

The sound in this game is good. Medal of Honor music at its finest, but the sound effects are horrendous. Hearing the same reload sounds, screams, gun fire over and over is bland. I would have preferred they mixed I up a bit.

Overall, this is a great Wii title. The gameplay is fresh and the online is fantastic, sure to last you hours upon hours of fun. However, if you're looking for a game with a good, compelling story, I would suggest a different game.

Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MoH:H2 Wii Review

Post by Sam on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 am

this game was great though i new every glitch it was still fun lol 32 player online good maps and good weapons it was fun , and the option to choose were u go not mach make that was good , i still remember running around out side village online while people wach it amazement lol....

Sam

View user profile http://www.wtoclan.com

Back to top Go down