The Conduit Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New High Voltage Software Games

5 posters

Go down

New High Voltage Software Games Empty New High Voltage Software Games

Post by SilverBlade Wed May 27, 2009 12:39 am

High Voltage Software has recently announced two new games they are developing. They are Gladiator A.D. and The Grinder, and are exclusive to the Wii. Gladiator A.D. is a bloody, violent fighting game set in ancient Rome. It will feature offline splitscreen multiplayer, but there is no word on online multiplayer so far. The Grinder is another bloody game, but this one is a first person shooter. It will be set in a world where vampires, werewolves, and zombies are real. It will feature online co-op. Both games will use Wii MotionPlus, WiiSpeak, an upgraded version of the Quantum3 engine, customizable controls, will be on E3, and have a release date of 2010.

For more information, go to:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986261p1.html - For Gladiator A.D.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986663p1.html - For The Grinder
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Stickman_Legacy

Back to top Go down

New High Voltage Software Games Empty Re: New High Voltage Software Games

Post by TheTopGun Wed May 27, 2009 2:52 pm

I want the Grinder!!!! Gladiator A.D. isnt my kind of game though I do love history.

What I dont get is that Gladiator A.D. is a game based off of 300 which is based off of the battle of Thermopyly (dont care to look up spelling) during the time of Greek rule yet the game is during romen times and about gladiators......something tells me that basing the game off of Gladiator would ave been a better choice...

We have over a year until either will come out so I have time to make up mind of whether I should get them.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Thu May 28, 2009 7:36 pm

you beat me to it, but i think i'll need to see some reviews of Gladiator A.D.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

https://www.youtube.com./AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Fri May 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Gladiator A.D, not really interested in, once again, I must emphasize that Brawl was the only fighting game I was interested in.
The Grinder - is what gets me pissed off. They boast all these features (before they even have a damn publisher (which will probably be Sega again, due to the other gore games they have, and the sales they'll rake with The Conduit) and any trailers!) that are twice better than TC, which makes me really pissed. Yknow, it kind of seems like a waste due to the fact that everyone got hyped for TC and then right after the release, they come out with something 10x better saying "Forget TC, buy this!" Not literally, of course, but that's basically the message.. It has so much more features and everything... It won't concern me unless it's a real FPS. To me, this looks like those arcade on-rail shooters.. I hope it's just one of those "kill everything and move forward" games, because if it outshines TC.. _sigh_
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Fri May 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Secret Agent wrote:Gladiator A.D, not really interested in, once again, I must emphasize that Brawl was the only fighting game I was interested in.
The Grinder - is what gets me pissed off. They boast all these features (before they even have a damn publisher (which will probably be Sega again, due to the other gore games they have, and the sales they'll rake with The Conduit) and any trailers!) that are twice better than TC, which makes me really pissed. Yknow, it kind of seems like a waste due to the fact that everyone got hyped for TC and then right after the release, they come out with something 10x better saying "Forget TC, buy this!" Not literally, of course, but that's basically the message.. It has so much more features and everything... It won't concern me unless it's a real FPS. To me, this looks like those arcade on-rail shooters.. I hope it's just one of those "kill everything and move forward" games, because if it outshines TC.. _sigh_

if it out shines the conduit you know what the conduit wil do? outshine grinder with a sequel w/ co-op for story mode all the current online modes + more and even more advanced online options local multiplayer w/ capture the flag( w/ 1-4 real peeps and 1-5 bots) and a normal deathmatch. acheivements and dlc!!!!! Twisted Evil
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 pm

nice post. i cant wait for these realeases
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 am

So true Axel.. But imagine how long that will take. The only thing that could cheer me up is if they even announce a slight sliver of significant traces of a Conduit 2 at E3.. Doubt it, but.. I know Conduit 2 will be one of the most anticipated games of 2011 (presumably, as Grinder is coming out in 2010 Holiday), but look how far that is.. Right now, The Conduit's release date still seems like forever..
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Sat May 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Secret Agent wrote:Gladiator A.D, not really interested in, once again, I must emphasize that Brawl was the only fighting game I was interested in.
I finally agree with what you said. The Conduit's not even out yet, and HVS is already saying that it raised the bar and their news games will be even better. I never like those bloody games. Most people don't. That's why I don't think The Grinder will outshine The Conduit. The Grinder will most likely be rated M for Mature. Nofsinger said himself that The Conduit was designed for a larger audience than bloody, mature games. The Conduit will probably get more sales, and more people will play it.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Stickman_Legacy

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sat May 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Me neither. It just seems like those mass swarm games that are total blood fests. It doesn't really seem like a TRUE FPS. It may be FP, but it looks like a bloody mash-up game with guns. Even if it is better than the Conduit, I won't get it. I may admire some of it's features (like dual-wield), but.. It's not really something I'd pre-order and jump head-over-heels for, like TC. TC is actually the first game I pre-ordered (aside from Brawl, but I ended up getting it in-stores, anyways). I Mean, c'mon HVS. You're contradicting yourself here! The Conduit watchers could see The Grinder and go all "Forget The Conduit, I'll just wait until The Grinder comes out!" Kind of a stupid move, since
a) They're boasting all these nice features that the Conduit was too late to have
b) There's still time before the release date of TC so they could change their mind.

Don't like the mosnter idea, anyways. Personally, I loved the whole conspriacy, government, alien invasion story. I found it pretty cliche, but in a refreshing way.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am

Secret Agent wrote:So true Axel.. But imagine how long that will take. The only thing that could cheer me up is if they even announce a slight sliver of significant traces of a Conduit 2 at E3.. Doubt it, but.. I know Conduit 2 will be one of the most anticipated games of 2011 (presumably, as Grinder is coming out in 2010 Holiday), but look how far that is.. Right now, The Conduit's release date still seems like forever..

Well i mean im not saying that the blood and gore is everything, but wii needs a good amount of it, im not
saying that all the games need to be gory but, some wouldnt hurt. thats why people dont
really take the wii seriously and talk down about it. So, it could help.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:50 am

Yeah, I agree. Blood is necessary sometimes. I mean, these people who only buy M rated games just look for the M, and don't really care about why it's rated M. Believe it or not, a T rated game could pull off most of those FPS M-rated qualities.

I mean, where the rating stands now, and how much 'intensity' they have in the game seems like a perfectly good amount. They're trying to appeal to both Casual and Hardcore games (Kinda like what 360 and PS3 are up to now T-T) and Casual gamers aren't really the ones that are used to seeing gore and flying heads and exploding legs and what not, however, they want to please the Hardcore gamers. They don't want Ford hitting people with a pillow, or put in no blood so the enemies look like sandbags. Thus, you get The Conduit. Perfectly in between.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm

I decided not to get The Grinder. After watching the videos I know I would not be able to play it. I guess my inner fag comes out when I play games because I cant play games that are even remotely scary. I hate myself for it but it is true.

If I do get one of them, which I probably wont get either it would be Gladiator A.D.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm

TheTopGun wrote:I decided not to get The Grinder. After watching the videos I know I would not be able to play it. I guess my inner fag comes out when I play games because I cant play games that are even remotely scary. I hate myself for it but it is true.

If I do get one of them, which I probably wont get either it would be Gladiator A.D.

Hahahahahahahahahahah, that is FUNNY lol!!
No offense or anything like that, im just laughing at how you were like " my inner fag comes out" haha
thats funny bro.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:58 pm

tastethebeast wrote:
TheTopGun wrote:I decided not to get The Grinder. After watching the videos I know I would not be able to play it. I guess my inner fag comes out when I play games because I cant play games that are even remotely scary. I hate myself for it but it is true.

Hahahahahahahahahahah, that is FUNNY lol!!
No offense or anything like that, im just laughing at how you were like " my inner fag comes out" haha
thats funny bro.

i'm the same way slightly, but i'll still try and play the grinder at least, but i doubt i'll get Gladiator A.D. i LIKE buttonmashers! Twisted Evil
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:20 am

Werent they supposed to announce a third game at E3?
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:24 pm

I dont know.......
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down