The Conduit Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tradition of Nintendo

+2
Red
tastethebeast
6 posters

Go down

The tradition of Nintendo Empty The tradition of Nintendo

Post by tastethebeast Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:09 pm

I think that the traditional games, like mario and others, are great... .. but i think it should be took to
a new level. Like hardcore gaming.

Alot of people critique nintendo saying its all bout family and dosent have enough action and all that. Personallly, i think that it does need more action and hardcorness lol. Seriously though, i HOPE, Seriously HOPE that The Condut
will take it to the action and hardcore gaming level. If more games like it are too come then, hopefully people will
take it more seriously.

I seriously hope a new nintendo era is coming. its time for a change.

do you agree or do you think that it should still stick strong to its tradition?

Last edited by tastethebeast on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

The tradition of Nintendo Empty Re: The tradition of Nintendo

Post by Red Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:42 pm

This post is good and bad. The good thing is, you want hardcore games for Nintendo.

The bad thing is, you act as if Nintendo was never Hardcore. You probably don't realize, (I might not if it wasn't for my brother) but games like Super Mario Brothers 3, LoZ, Megaman, and the rest were as hard fucking core as you can get.(I was around for most of those, but was a little on the younger side. >.>) But now we look back on them with a different sentiment.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo was ALWAYS Hard Core, until the current gen. For instance, compare these two Miamoto quotes (I know I spelt that wrong, but whatever.)

1996: "I don't care what the 'crowd' wants. I'm going to make the best games I can. I think that they'll appreciate that. Maybe not right away, but in the long run I guarantee it."

2008: (When asked about his sudden change in video game making.) "I'm just giving the people what they want."

Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Inframus Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 pm

i think a game does not need action to be hardcore, i belive what makes a game hardcore is whether or not it makes you keep playing and gets you inmerse on the experience.
for example, god of war is a hardocre game. but so is the legend of zelda (the NES one) and it does not need gore or action to be one its just an epic adventure that keeps you playing.i think nintendo should keep doing what they have been doing for years, because they ar doing it RIGHT.
sory for any bad english Very Happy

Inframus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Inframus wrote:i think a game does not need action to be hardcore, i belive what makes a game hardcore is whether or not it makes you keep playing and gets you inmerse on the experience.
for example, god of war is a hardocre game. but so is the legend of zelda (the NES one) and it does not need gore or action to be one its just an epic adventure that keeps you playing.i think nintendo should keep doing what they have been doing for years, because they ar doing it RIGHT.
sory for any bad english Very Happy
My thoughts exactly.

Red

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 pm

When i say hardcore, im not talking about gore and things of that nature, not that it wouldnt hurt though. but im talking like Halo. you know halo isnt all that gory, actually theres really no gore at all. but its a hardcore game and so fun
to play online and just draws you in.
Im guessing The conduit will have this affect on people. and like i said before take nintendo to a new level.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:56 pm

tastethebeast wrote:When i say hardcore, im not talking about gore and things of that nature, not that it wouldnt hurt though. but im talking like Halo. you know halo isnt all that gory, actually theres really no gore at all. but its a hardcore game and so fun
to play online and just draws you in.
Im guessing The conduit will have this affect on people. and like i said before take nintendo to a new level.
But Nintendo's BEEN on that level. NOW they're starting to turn soft core. They should go back to they're roots, and they'll be juuuuuuuuuuuuust fine.

Red

Back to top Go down

Post by davboy6 Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 pm

True, True they have always been hardcore but now they are trying to atract a new type of gamer the casual gamer. And thats why people say its not hardcore because of all the carnival games and that sort of crap. I think nintendo should go back to its roots like Red said and start makeing alot more hardcore games then once ever mother fucking 9 months!!!!!!!!

PS- IF nintendo start makeing there hardcore games more gory that would be good.......no not good great. king
davboy6
davboy6

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:47 pm

How is it going soft core? with the conduit coming out i dont think so. what games are you guys referring to that were "hardcore" ?
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by davboy6 Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Are you talking about wii games or past nintendo consles?
davboy6
davboy6

Back to top Go down

Post by davboy6 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:00 pm

hummmmmmmmm
davboy6
davboy6

Back to top Go down

Post by davboy6 Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:58 pm

hummm
davboy6
davboy6

Back to top Go down

Post by samthespark Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Mariokart
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
SSB
Mario Franchises are all hardcore for the wii.

Stuff that is not is wii music,wii sports, wii play, and a few GCN ports to fit wiis controls.
samthespark
samthespark

http://hbc.hackmii.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:12 pm

Nintendo was never hardcore. Just becuase LoZ and Mario games were really hard to beat doesnt make them hardocre. It is still an elf and a plumber. Starfox was a always a cute widdle fox. And Mr. Game and Watch still is a game watch. A lot of games were hard because of technical limitations. It was all they could to to make it fun even though your thumb is always pressing right.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:35 pm

TheTopGun wrote:Nintendo was never hardcore. Just becuase LoZ and Mario games were really hard to beat doesnt make them hardocre. It is still an elf and a plumber. Starfox was a always a cute widdle fox. And Mr. Game and Watch still is a game watch. A lot of games were hard because of technical limitations. It was all they could to to make it fun even though your thumb is always pressing right.

Thank You!!

finally one person gets what im talking about.
Just because they were hard dosent mean they were hardcore.
it was never really hardcore.
but after the release of the conduit i think it will be alot more hardcore.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:12 pm

A Nintendo tradition mentioned in the Nintendo IGN podcast said that they always release an add on and never use it. Like R.O.B and soon to be wii speak (orso they say). They said this because ExciteBots uses wii speak but not during matches; only in the lobby before the matches.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:14 pm

id use it in both
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by samthespark Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:13 pm

HELLO!@?

Nintendo used to be the most hard-core company making game from 1990-1998, then xbox and ps kicked in.

At that point, GC xbox and ps1-2 were equally "hardcore"

"hardcore" really is a term to describe games that people 14-30 play and has an M rating, and are about war, gangs, etc...-----

For me really, there are empty or casual games, then great core games(anything from mario to madworld., they get great scores too)
samthespark
samthespark

Back to top Go down

Post by samthespark Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Besides, Nintendo are the ones who changed gaming, influenced all other gae companies, and kept an almost perfect record of games.
samthespark
samthespark

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:35 am

hey dude! use the EDIT button instead of double posting.
if you leave something out just click edit on your last post and
put it there.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:17 pm

samthespark wrote:HELLO!@?

Nintendo used to be the most hard-core company making game from 1990-1998, then xbox and ps kicked in.

At that point, GC xbox and ps1-2 were equally "hardcore"

"hardcore" really is a term to describe games that people 14-30 play and has an M rating, and are about war, gangs, etc...-----

For me really, there are empty or casual games, then great core games(anything from mario to madworld., they get great scores too)

I think you played NES/Super/N64 games as a kid and then started getting older to the point where you thought they were changing, but it was you. Nickelodeon seems stupid to me now because the shows are so kiddy and immature, but nickelodeon always had those kid shows. To my knowledge there are no Nintendo games that are about war, gangs, or with an M rating.
Battalion Wars is as deep into war as you will get.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by samthespark Sun May 03, 2009 5:08 pm

dude.......well maybe no first-party types, but 3rd parties are busy doing all that stuff.
samthespark
samthespark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down