The Conduit Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Conduit slammed in early preview/score

+9
samthespark
Mark_Chaos
FrontLineXDS
h5e5l5l5o5
nightlifecommando
tastethebeast
TheTopGun
davboy6
DarkShadowRage
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Conduit slammed in early preview/score Empty The Conduit slammed in early preview/score

Post by DarkShadowRage Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=14252

"Gamereactor published a “preliminary analysis” article on The Conduit and essentially slammed the game with a tough score. The magazine gave the game a 2/5 rating, but again, this is based on a preview build. Gamereactor criticized The Conduit for being generic and gray while also ragging a bit on the game’s controls. Full machine-translated article after the break"

Epic FAIL.
DarkShadowRage
DarkShadowRage

Back to top Go down

The Conduit slammed in early preview/score Empty Re: The Conduit slammed in early preview/score

Post by davboy6 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:42 pm

I say they should of gotten a better score like 4/5. king
davboy6
davboy6

Back to top Go down

The Conduit slammed in early preview/score Empty Re: The Conduit slammed in early preview/score

Post by TheTopGun Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm

How can someone complain about the controls when they are 100% customizable? PARADOX?
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 pm

TheTopGun wrote:How can someone complain about the controls when they are 100% customizable? PARADOX?

yeah, thats what im saying, like, wtf? are you too lazy
to customize the controls the way you want them dang.

You can not complain about the controls when you can do
anything to them.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:39 am

I'm starting to think people just throw the word generic around. What does that even mean?
nightlifecommando
nightlifecommando

Back to top Go down

Post by h5e5l5l5o5 Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:05 pm

Wow, i would give this game a 4.5/5 no game is perfect. They dont see how awrsome these graphics are, and the controls!
h5e5l5l5o5
h5e5l5l5o5

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontLineXDS Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Its funny because I've never heard of GameReactor until this preview.

Eh, screw em. If graphics was one of there complaints, then they're just 360/PS3 fanboys.

FrontLineXDS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Chaos Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:25 pm

My Avatar has something to say to him.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

Post by samthespark Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:11 pm

being generic is not bad, i love generic stuff@!
samthespark
samthespark

http://hbc.hackmii.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Fri May 15, 2009 3:14 pm

2/5, huh?...

uhm k. More than half the Wii-users will purchase this game. Let's see how tall the 2/5 rating can stand once the sales have evidence against it.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando Fri May 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Secret Agent wrote:2/5, huh?...

uhm k. More than half the Wii-users will purchase this game. Let's see how tall the 2/5 rating can stand once the sales have evidence against it.

I hate to say it, but sales and quality have nothing to do with each other. A lot of great games perform poorly at retail; Okami and Eternal Darkness come to mind. The Wii is home to lots of lousy software that gets terrific sales. A perfect example is Carnival Games selling more copies than Metroid Prime 3.

Okami: Metacritic score 93, sales 370,000
Eternal Darkness: Metacritic score 92 (I can't find sales data, but I think I read somewhere it sits around 300,000 )
Metroid Prime 3: Metacritic score 90, sales 1,520,000
Carnival Games: Metacritic score 56, sales 3,270,000

Furthermore, I kind of doubt that half of Wii owners will but the game. Very few titles have even come close to that kind of sales on the Wii. About 50 million Wii consoles have been sold, and the best-selling games are Wii Sports (45 million), Wii Play (23 million), Wii Fit (19 million), and Mario Kart Wii (15.7 million).

Even on the "hardcore" consoles, no game has reached 50% of users. 30 million Xbox 360s have been sold, and the best-selling games are Halo 3 (9.6 million), Call of Duty 4 (7.3 million) and GTA IV (7 million). A similar trend can be seen on the PS3, with Call of Duty 4 and GTA IV reaching less than 25% of users.

Source: vgchartz.com

Last edited by nightlifecommando on Fri May 15, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trust me, it's better now.)
nightlifecommando
nightlifecommando

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Fri May 15, 2009 5:53 pm

When he said half of the wii users will buy this game, I think he was exaggerrating...
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando Sat May 16, 2009 6:33 am

TheTopGun wrote:When he said half of the wii users will buy this game, I think he was exaggerrating...
You're probably right, but only a select few games will ever reach more than a small percentage of gamers, especially on a system where party games and minigame collections are the preferred genres.
nightlifecommando
nightlifecommando

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat May 16, 2009 7:14 am

nice avatar lol.

Also the conduit shouldd get a 4.999999999999/5 because its so great.
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

https://www.youtube.com./AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Fri May 22, 2009 8:52 pm

nightlifecommando wrote:
TheTopGun wrote:When he said half of the wii users will buy this game, I think he was exaggerrating...
You're probably right, but only a select few games will ever reach more than a small percentage of gamers, especially on a system where party games and minigame collections are the preferred genres.

Yes, I was exaggerating. You didn't have to shove sale trends at me Sleep

Party games and minigame collections aren't the preferred genre >_>'
Like you said, Sales and X are completely different. Just because people buy Carnival Games or whatever (or they take up the majority of wii game's) does not mean that it is preferred by a majority of the wii-users. Plus, after someone bought carnival games, they'd probably get tired of it.

Also, to be more specific:
I think every hardcore gamer that owns a Wii will get The Conduit. If not all the core games, at least a big majority. Not even YOU can deny that fact. Let those old geezers fondle with the intuitive controls of Wii Resort and Rayman Raving Rabbids House Disco Dance Revolution Party Extreme Movie Bonanza (or whatever). The actual gamers will have The Conduit.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Raving Rabbids is fun though :O
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by nightlifecommando Sat May 23, 2009 5:40 am

Secret Agent wrote:Yes, I was exaggerating. You didn't have to shove sale trends at me Sleep

Sorry about that. I guess I got a little carried away. Embarassed

I will still stand by my claim that hardcore games can be a tougher sell than a casual game. RE4 sold over a million copies, so I have no reason to believe The Conduit won't sell at least as many. It could outsell the bigger casual games like Carnival Games, but I'll believe it when I see it.
nightlifecommando
nightlifecommando

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sat May 23, 2009 7:27 am

Well, that's really not fair since Carnival Games came out ages ago. >_>'
It would be pure hilarity if The Conduit beat something like Mario Galaxy (HIGHLY DOUBT IT) sales (up till now) in it's first week. That would be amazing.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat May 23, 2009 7:42 am

Secret Agent wrote:Well, that's really not fair since Carnival Games came out ages ago. >_>'
It would be pure hilarity if The Conduit beat something like Mario Galaxy (HIGHLY DOUBT IT) sales (up till now) in it's first week. That would be amazing.

indeed it would
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by bceagles Sun May 24, 2009 6:55 am

I'd like it to beat Wii Fit in sales.

HA. Everyone in the world who: needs exercise and doesn't know how to exercise in real life, is a 40-50 year old mom with a 5 year old daughter, or doesn't have respect for what games they play (Razz), owns Wii Fit.

That's a lot of people, brah.

bceagles

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 am

My mom is. My mom only got me a wii FOR exercise. But has yet to get wii-fit because of the price
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 am

No, WiiFit is for people who don't know beans about core games, and thinks FPS stands for Fried Pork Snacks or something.. WiiFit is also for the people who think WiiSports has a deep, complex story, and is very strategical and challenging. YAY FOR WIIFIT!
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sun May 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Fried Pork Snacks lol!
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by bceagles Sun May 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Amen. It's kind of weird to admit, but the Wii turned me into a core gamer. Before Brawl, I had never played anything competitively and I totally changed my opinion on every casual game that I've played. I never played Wii Fit, but it never looked good for me. I do have to point something out (sorry for being so off topic), but being a hardcore gamer like us sets us up for a lot of disappointment.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. When I played that, I was like WHOA DIFFERENT ZELDA, this is pretty funny and fun. But every since I became "hardcore", I've disliked Cel-Shaded Link more and more and I've dismissed Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Spirit Tracks because of this mentality. Just a word of advice, lets keep our minds open. The Conduit may not be all that we want, but it's definitely gonna satisfy Wii-Only Owners.

bceagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sun May 24, 2009 7:37 pm

I honestly couldn't care less if there was a last minute adjustment and Michael Ford turned into Michael Jackson. It's the first FPS I've ever owned, so nothing can really change that unless it becomes some kind of Metroid Prime (which is impossible at this point).

Also, I Agree with you on the wii thing. Brawl is what I tried to get 100% at, be the best at. I got mad when I lost, I would brag when I won. Other games I didn't really care.. Pokemon also got me into the deeper area of the game, like stats and EVs and stuff. it was really deep.

Conduit is where I'm planning to be Elite rank.. I've never owned an FPS so I don't have a lot of practice.. Which means when I get the highest rank, it'll be even more of a win. The only thing that I see as a flaw in The Conduit is the engine they used. it restricts them from so much.. The Conduit 2 will definitely topple it, though. Conduit came to us to set up the playing field and raise the bar. Once the waters have been tested and it's confirmed that there IS a hardcore market within the Wii users, Conduit 2 will be right there to blow us in to oblivion.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next