The Conduit Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MadWorld: Masterpiece or Bland

4 posters

Go down

MadWorld: Masterpiece or Bland Empty MadWorld: Masterpiece or Bland

Post by Mark_Chaos Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 pm

I wanted to do a review on MADWORLD so bad but I couldn't do so because I didn't play it yet, now I can officially do so since I played it.

Let's begin with the art style and graphics. The style of the game was done in a cel-shade of black and white, it's hard to do because you have make sure objects don't bland together. It was impressive and one-of-a-kind, and a good way to approach the Wii's graphic limitations. Blood was done, in of course, red, and words and the life bar in yellow.

Next is the gameplay. The brawler or beat'em up genre has always had a score system that involved you pulling off easy to difficult combos to score points. However, in MADWORLD you get points for how creative your kill is. Ex: Sign post + Barrel + Rose Bush= Hell of points. <-- Pretty basic, right, but as you progress though the game, you'll learn different ways to kill your enemies and score tons of points. You can also use your Chain-saw by holding the B button, combos using the A button and holding a to grad enemies, by flicking the Wiimote you either upper-cut or back fist, pick up weapons using up on the D-pad and switching weapons with the left or right on the D-pad, flicking the Nun-chunk to dodge, pressing the C button to set the camera behind Jack and holding it to lock on, and pressing down on the D-pad causes Jack to taunt. They also intro Power Struggles and something I call the QTM (Quick Time Movement) for finishing off grunts, mini-bosses, and bosses. You also use a motorbike in the game which is good, but needs work. However this game is brought down by how the camera is, not to good if you're surrounded by enemies, luckily there's a mini-map in the left-bottom corner to use and it shows enemies in red; Deathwatch challenges, BloodBath challenges, bosses, weapons, and open cases in yellow; and closed cases in grey. The lock-on is also annoying and should be used on bosses only.

Now it's time for the announcers and the music. The announcer are none other then Greg Proops from Whose line is it anyways? and John DiMaggio who voices Bender from Futurama. They come up with hilarious lines that were given to them from lines or stuff they come up with. They do repeat themselves, but it's still funny to me. The music that plays in the game is rap. Now I'm gonna say this right now, I don't like rap, I like rock the most. However that doesn't mean the rap in the game isn't good. The rap in MADWORLD is well done and fits the tone of the game with it's murderous tone.

My score for MADWORLD is an A-.
Mark_Chaos
Mark_Chaos

https://www.youtube.com/user/marckido4

Back to top Go down

MadWorld: Masterpiece or Bland Empty Re: MadWorld: Masterpiece or Bland

Post by TheTopGun Tue May 05, 2009 7:03 pm

I liked it too. I lost to Frank twice so Im getting annoyed with the no check points thing.
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

http://Myspace.com/thenextgen

Back to top Go down

Post by tastethebeast Wed May 06, 2009 3:03 pm

nice review. good post.
tastethebeast
tastethebeast

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Sat May 09, 2009 9:13 am

I beat Frank :p
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Tue May 26, 2009 11:25 am

You should probably add in your take of why it was done black and white. Many people would complain or question the fact of the black-and-white feel, but I guess it gives it a Sin City-esque feel, like it's out of a comic book. A really.. really.. really gory one. But still, nonetheless, you should at least state your opinion and your thoughts on the lack of colour.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I dont think there is lack of color, especially if you are good at killing Wink

But seriously this game would have an AO rating if it was in color. And it would probably be uglier. Even with the Okami/Viewtiful Joe colors it would not look as good because this game needed to wow people and it did.

WOW!!!

Just checked VGCHARTZ and it says 200 million in sales. The last I loked about 2 weeks ago it was ast 300 million.....por que?
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Tue May 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Lack of colour = Lack of colours in general, not just in the gameplay.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTopGun Wed May 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Secret Agent wrote:Lack of colour = Lack of colours in general, not just in the gameplay.

???
TheTopGun
TheTopGun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum