The Conduit Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New multiplayer videos

+2
SilverBlade
Hazmatkr3w
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New multiplayer videos Empty New multiplayer videos

Post by Hazmatkr3w Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 pm

Ign has some more multiplayer videos up. There really awesome

Hazmatkr3w

Back to top Go down

New multiplayer videos Empty Re: New multiplayer videos

Post by SilverBlade Wed May 06, 2009 9:56 pm

I saw them earlier today. They're friggin' sweet. Whoa. I see they've added three more videos. Awesome. Here's the link to the videos.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

If you want to read The Conduit Multiplayer Impressions article from IGN, click below.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/979/979932p1.html
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Stickman_Legacy

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sun May 10, 2009 1:46 pm

i hope this game is a trilogy so it can get even better Wink
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

https://www.youtube.com./AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Thu May 14, 2009 5:20 pm

AxelDemon wrote:i hope this game is a trilogy so it can get even better Wink

Forget trilogy! Nintendo should buy the rights to a High Voltage development team specifically
for the Conduit and they should make as much Conduits as there are Mario games!

(except not so much.. and less rushed.. and only on the wii.. and make it as good as a best seller like Mario Galaxy...)
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Thu May 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Secret Agent wrote:

Forget trilogy! Nintendo should buy the rights to a High Voltage development team specifically

(except not so much.. and less rushed.. and only on the wii.. and make it as good as a best seller like Mario Galaxy...)

that would be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Fri May 15, 2009 8:52 pm

AxelDemon wrote:
Secret Agent wrote:

that would be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I just hope they get out Conduit 2 for the wii, like Halo and Halo 2 on the 'box.
The graphics, the story, the gameplay.. It's all too beatiful to resist..
But I don't have enough money to dish out another $300 for a Wii2.

I believe this is the Wii's 2nd-3rd year of it's life span, and they said it would last
for at least 10-15 years.. Let's hope Conduit 2 can make it within that much time.

Also, I watched the videos and also pre-ordered the gamestop-exclusive bundle..
I'm in love with this game. I can't believe I'm saying this (because I didn't really
notice), but the Conduit will be my first ever FPS I've owned.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat May 16, 2009 7:43 am

your first is always magical lol

Last edited by AxelDemon on Sat May 16, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post too long imo)
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 am

Secret Agent wrote:

Oh no...I hope not. Remember....it's because of Nintendo that Friend Codes exist, that there's no LAN support for The Conduit or the ability to speak to strangers on WiiSpeak. Nintendo will probably make the game kid-friendly, and will ruin it. Why do think High Voltage Software went with SEGA? And besides, too many The Conduit games will take away their essence as opposed to only a few of them. A trilogy's fine for me.

Secret Agent wrote:I just hope they get out Conduit 2 for the wii, like Halo and Halo 2 on the 'box.

I believe this is the Wii's 2nd-3rd year of it's life span, and they said it would last
for at least 10-15 years.. Let's hope Conduit 2 can make it within that much time.

I'm in love with this game. I can't believe I'm saying this (because I didn't really
Lol, The Conduit will be my fourth FPS. My first one was Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC, then Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, then Halo 2 Vista.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat May 16, 2009 12:56 pm

it'll acutally only be my 2nd.
Halo 2, >insert the conduit<
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sat May 16, 2009 4:52 pm

SilverBlade wrote:
Secret Agent wrote:

Oh no...I hope not. Remember....it's because of Nintendo that Friend Codes exist, that there's no LAN support for The Conduit or the ability to speak to strangers on WiiSpeak. Nintendo will probably make the game kid-friendly, and will ruin it. Why do think High Voltage Software went with SEGA? And besides, too many The Conduit games will take away their essence as opposed to only a few of them. A trilogy's fine for me.

I'll agree with the Friend Code thing.. They were aiming for a family-friendly console and all that crap, but they could easily make an exception like they did with games such as MK:Wii, SSB:B, etc. You could just open up a room and wait for people to file in. Now, the FC system is slowly fading away. The newer games barely use the FC system any more, unless you want to specifically play with friends. I agree with the LAN Support, as well, but the Friend Code issue is the whole reason they had to reject LAN Support. Ability to speak to strangers on WiiSpeak.. aren't we allowed to do that in The Conduit? "kid-friendly". Define that. Just because it's aimed for a family-friendly thing, it doesn't mean they won't allow M Rated games on the system. Just look at Chinatown Wars on the DS. That turned the tide of the typical "kid-friendly" handheld. In terms of the Wii, however.. There's nothing really to deduct from the Conduit. It's already T Rated by the ESRB, and those are usually the ratings they get for the good games. Not all their games are "kid-friendly". Perfect examples are Zelda and Brawl. An even better example is Metroid Prime. That wasn't exactly Wii Sports 2, yknow? Wii CAN do M-Rated games and T-Rated games, and they wouldn't really screw up the Conduit since HVS is still the main programmers,
It's just that the big N prefers to get T-Rated games. And to the last question: Why did they go with Sega? I have no freaking idea. I mean, sure, Sega = MadWorld and all those other gorey games for the Wii. But really now. SEGA? The people who also make games like Sonic and the black knight (or whatever) and Sega SUPER START TENNIS!? At least if they went w/ Nintendo, the hype would have been multiplied x10 and people wouldn't look it over because Nintendo is famous for the amazing big-seller games like Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, Starfox, etc. Sega? Um, the cover of The Conduit already resembles a future Sonic game.. Honestly, I'd rather see HVS Fly over to Microsoft or Sony instead of them choosing Sega over Nintendo, if there ever was a choice. All the credit goes to HVS. Sega just slapped their ugly label on it and are now waiting to make money..

Secret Agent wrote:I just hope they get out Conduit 2 for the wii, like Halo and Halo 2 on the 'box.

Lol, The Conduit will be my fourth FPS. My first one was Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC, then Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, then Halo 2 Vista.

I was supposed to get CoD:WaW, but it wasn't in stock, so then I just spent my money on another Brawl since my old one was screwed up, and Metroid Prime with the leftover money.. I've played Halo1-3, CoD, and some other FPS's I can't remember, but I just never owned them since all the FPS I've played were on a friend's console (always 360).
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelDemon Sat May 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Halo 2&3 cod 3(wii) cod waw & some others i cant think of
AxelDemon
AxelDemon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Sun May 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Secret Agent wrote:
Ability to speak to strangers on WiiSpeak.. aren't we allowed to do that in The Conduit? "kid-friendly". Define that. Just because it's aimed for a family-friendly thing, it doesn't mean they won't allow M Rated games on the system. Just look at Chinatown Wars on the DS. That turned the tide of the typical "kid-friendly" handheld. In terms of the Wii, however.. There's nothing really to deduct from the Conduit. It's already T Rated by the ESRB, and those are usually the ratings they get for the good games. Not all their games are "kid-friendly". Perfect examples are Zelda and Brawl. An even better example is Metroid Prime. That wasn't exactly Wii Sports 2, yknow? Wii CAN do M-Rated games and T-Rated games, and they wouldn't really screw up the Conduit since HVS is still the main programmers,
It's just that the big N prefers to get T-Rated games. And to the last question: Why did they go with Sega? I have no freaking idea. I mean, sure, Sega = MadWorld and all those other gorey games for the Wii. But really now. SEGA? The people who also make games like Sonic and the black knight (or whatever) and Sega SUPER START TENNIS!? At least if they went w/ Nintendo, the hype would have been multiplied x10 and people wouldn't look it over because Nintendo is famous for the amazing big-seller games like Metroid, Zelda, Pokemon, Starfox, etc. Sega? Um, the cover of The Conduit already resembles a future Sonic game.. Honestly, I'd rather see HVS Fly over to Microsoft or Sony instead of them choosing Sega over Nintendo, if there ever was a choice. All the credit goes to HVS. Sega just slapped their ugly label on it and are now waiting to make money..
You can't speak to strangers unless you have them added or they're your friends' friends. I understand there are hardcore games on the Wii, but Nintendo's games are different. Its best selling franchise, Mario, is known for the fun, not for the characters or deep storylines. The plot is basically the same (Bowser kidnaps the Princess, and Mario has to rescue her), but it's really fun. Nintendo games just have a casual feel to me. The characters are a bit bland, and few games have multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, they have great gameplay. Of course, Sega hasn't been doing too well with the bad Sonic games lately, but High Voltage Software chose them over Nintendo for a reason.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sun May 17, 2009 3:39 pm

SilverBlade wrote:
You can't speak to strangers unless you have them added or they're your friends' friends. I understand there are hardcore games on the Wii, but Nintendo's games are different. Its best selling franchise, Mario, is known for the fun, not for the characters or deep storylines. The plot is basically the same (Bowser kidnaps the Princess, and Mario has to rescue her), but it's really fun. Nintendo games just have a casual feel to me. The characters are a bit bland, and few games have multiplayer. Don't get me wrong, they have great gameplay. Of course, Sega hasn't been doing too well with the bad Sonic games lately, but High Voltage Software chose them over Nintendo for a reason.[/quote]

And what reason is that? Sega has more gore under their belts?
Call me crazy, but their M Rated games aren't doing so well, ie: MadWorld.
Also, MARIO isn't known for it's great story and what not.. Zelda, Metroid, (somewhat)
Pokemon, Starfox ARE. Their characters are very memorable and so are their games.
I know exactly what you're trying to say: With Sega, they could possibly be more free
due to the fact that the company doesn't try to censor words like "boo boo" (no offense Nintendo),
but look what happened. In the end, they still didn't get the LAN deal, they didn't get the ability
to talk to strangers, and they didn't really end up with 360/PS3 features to boast. At least those systems
have an advanced chat feature where you can actually talk to random people you randomly added..
But if they WERE with Nintendo, they'd at least be able to directly argue for the rights of WiiSpeak freedom,
seeing as they're owned by Nintendo and the big N could maybe grant a little exception for them since it
is the first major FPS non-clone original game. They freaking made their own engine and caused Wii's
all across the world to get a spring cleaning! They made the Wii look like it handle Halo 2!! And no one asked
them to do this for the Wii. HVS chose to. They could have easily went to the 360 or PS3 and build it from the ground-up due to the fact that they won't have to spend hours on the Quantum3 engine to improve the graphics.. but no. They chose Wii. Don't you think it'd be quit unreasonable if Nintendo rejected an offer such
as chatting w/ strangers for such a hard-worked indepent game company? If Nintendo DID own HVS, they'd at
least have a more direct method of settling disagreements and come to a consensus more quickly..
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Sun May 17, 2009 3:55 pm

The Wii can actually have better graphics than Halo 2.

I don't know why they chose Sega over Nintendo, but I'm pretty sure there's a good reason.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Sun May 17, 2009 5:01 pm

I believe Sega was the one to offer first, and they just took it because they desperately needed a publisher. Dammit Nintendo, act faster!
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Mon May 18, 2009 12:48 am

Actually, there were at least ten publishers who wanted The Conduit. HVS took a long time to decide on which one to pick.

Amongst them was EA. Wouldn't it better to wish that HVS chose EA to publish The Conduit instead of wishing for Nintendo? Then there wouldn't be any Friend Codes, lol.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Okay now I'm kind of disappointed. 10!?!?!?! EA!?? T_T'
Why wouldn't there be FCs if they chose EA :S

was one of them Nintendo, or no? but cmon.. sega??
Oh well, whatever as long as it comes out T_T
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Tue May 19, 2009 12:24 am

EA Wii games run on EA servers. That's why they have personas instead of Friend Codes.

I don't know if Nintendo was one of those publishers.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Tue May 19, 2009 5:50 pm

OMGOMGMGOMGMOGMOG.
HVS = Fail in terms of choosing publishers.. Then again, I'm sure they considered that persona thing. In EA Games on the wii, they have personas and not FC's right? Nintendo allowed this? I'm guessing HVS was a bit scared of it. After all, LAN did get turned down.. Let's all just be appreciative of what we have so far Very Happy GO CONDUIT!
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Tue May 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Maybe Nintendo rejected HVS.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal Pro Wed May 20, 2009 6:47 pm

i so wish HVS chose EA that would hav made the conduits online so good, also maybe that would hav allowd us to talk to any1 instead of jus our friends.
Fatal Pro
Fatal Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Wed May 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Fatal Pro wrote:i so wish HVS chose EA that would hav made the conduits online so good, also maybe that would hav allowd us to talk to any1 instead of jus our friends.
I think the voice chat problem was Nintendo's fault.
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by Secret Agent Fri May 22, 2009 2:45 pm

SilverBlade wrote:Maybe Nintendo rejected HVS.

Wait, what? that makes no sense.
HVS didn't go to Nintendo, they were being offered the publishers.
Also, if Nintendo rejected HVS, The Conduit wouldn't be on the Wii.
If you mean Nintendo rejected to be HVS's publisher, then read two lines above.
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverBlade Sat May 23, 2009 5:37 pm

I meant that Nintendo rejected The Conduit in terms of publishing.

Secret Agent wrote:HVS didn't go to Nintendo, they were being offered the publishers.
And how do you know that?
SilverBlade
SilverBlade

Back to top Go down

Post by bceagles Sun May 24, 2009 6:46 am

As much as most of SEGA's games suck, you have to admit they're great at advertising. Take a look at Sonic and the Black Knight. Everyone knows that was a terrible game, and yet people continue to buy SEGA's Sonic games in hopes of finally getting a good one - Because SEGA has great advertisement. A lot of people bought that crap. And while The Conduit will most likely be a great game, SEGA can up their sales by so much, what with their great advertising. And while I'd much rather have EA's online server, SEGA just increases our chance of receiving The Conduit 2.

bceagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next